Monday 15 February 2010

After war, alliance = Marriage

Before marriage groom's and bride's families fight each other on their own maxium advantages. Marriage is the final alliance to settle the issue. Affection and love were less important considerations - Diogenes.
When hearing that her marriage is fixed I asked her, " How is the boy?"
She said, "He looks OK." My brotherly love for her couldn't help me asking her a few more questions.
I continued, " Have you known him before, I mean, his character?"
She said, "NO. It is an arranged marriage."
"Have you visited the house where you are going to live for the rest of your life?"
She replied, "NO. My parents did."
"But they are not coming to live with you, isn't it?" I said.
After a few minutes of silence she definitively replied with two big drops of tears flowing down through her cheeks, "You know, after all I am a girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment